Re: Darwin quote

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 04:16:06 EDT

    --
    Glenn, I believe that I agree with what you think
    but disagree with what you say.

    Darwin clearly said two different things.

    1.) That he believed that all creatures were descended from a common source and we not formed or created separately. One, I think, would call that "evolution'"

    2.) That he believed the primary but not sole (his words) method of evolution to be Natural Selection. Although he claimed that it was not the only method, you and others would revise his theory because you think he was influenced by Kelvin. I think it should then be called Mortonian or Robertian instead of Darwinian. Either way it would be a _theory_ of evolution and be called 100% "Natural Selection".

    In any event, it is pretty sloppy to mix up these two concepts (observed evolution and theoretical natural selection). From what I have observed in the posts, most are theistic evolutionists while they simultaneously claim to support Darwin's Natural Selection thesis, which has nothing to do with oversight by God .

    And Darwin was a self confessed agnostic (more or less). No wonder the ID'ers become distraught with ASAers who fail to distinguish these issues.

    Is this a pure science group or is it both science and Christianity?

    Walt

    =================================== Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>