ICR and Turkish groups, from Re: More on DDDIV

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:16:28 EDT

    From a post by Keith Miller a couple years ago. I do not know exactly the relationship between the BAV and SRF. It may just be Turkish versus English initials; at any rate, SRF is associated with Harun Yahya. I did not double-check the current status of this website:
    www.srf-tr.org

    When I looked some time ago, a little hunting around eventually turned up the web page reporting on the conference.

    Incidentally, I have also seen, in ICR publication or on the Website, a FAQ on the practice of speaking for Islamic, etc. groups. As I recall, it claimed that the importance of promoting creation science justified it.

    The following is from the SRF website:

    In 1998, the Science Research Foundation initiated a strategy of international and national conferences on the theory of evolution. The reason of this policy was mostly related with some official plans to include Darwinism as a scientific fact in the education system. In order to prevent such a harmful and wrong decision, the Foundation decided to display how modern science in fact disproves the evolutionary scenario of origins.

    Up to now, three international conferences were held in Istanbul and Ankara, the Capitol, on the issue of evolution. Thanks to the firm and sincere support of ICR, outstanding scientists like Drs. Duane Gish, John Morris, Kenneth Cumming, Carl Fliermans, David Menton, Edward Boudreaux and Michael Girouard attended these conferences, in addition to some Turkish scientists. The foundation is aiming to organize new conferences with many other creation or "intelligent design" scientists from all over the world..

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        University of Alabama
        Biodiversity & Systematics