Re: The YECs you have with you always; also Paraconformities

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 21:53:20 EST

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:13:59 +0100 "Glenn Morton"
<glenn.morton@btinternet.com> writes:

> Sincerely,
>
> The monkey.

Nice one, Glenn. :-)

Welcome back, for as long as you're here. I've been presenting the YEC
argument for paraconformities, and for the moment seem to be in the
uneasy position of having the upper hand. I'm sure this argument has
been answered but I can't remember what the answer is. I did a search in
talk.origins but didn't turn up anything. I got a couple of hits for the
ASA archives, but didn't have time to check them out this morning; I'll
try to look at them tomorrow.

Do you address this question of paraconformities with multi-million year
breaks, such as in Grand Canyon, in your book _Foundation, Fall and
Flood_? I couldn't find anything in your index on paraconformity,
unconformity or disconformity.

If you have any thoughts on how to rebutt this YEC argument I'd love to
hear them.

Thanks,

Bill

Only $9.95 per month!