RE: appearance of age and the goodness of God

From: Peter Brunt (pbrunt@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 05:35:07 EST

    Dick wrote
    I cannot accept the age of the water in the wine jars as 4.5 billion
    years old. What about the water and carbon cycles?

    Much water is produced from the metabolism of all life on earth and
    while it was come from water initially via photosynthesis
    some of that time it has been carbohydrate, lipid or protein or some
    other metabolite like hydrocarbon. Some hydrocarbons
    and other metabolites are "locked up" for many millions of years. Hence
    the "water" is locked up.

    However, yes to the substance part and the rest of your paragraph.

    Are we really able to explain a miracle? Do we really need to anyway?
    Seems to me that miracle explanation is a devise to
    rationalise an unexplainable event. Who knows if our surmising is
    correct and what does it matter any way?!!!

    Peter Brunt

    Bill Payne wrote:

    When Jesus created good (aged) wine from water, and when He multiplied
    fish and loaves, He did so in a short period of time, yet the products
    had the "appearance of age."

    The water was aged for 4.5 billion years. Jesus changed the nature of
    the substance not its age. And he multiplied the fish and loaves. You
    can't possibly equate that with artificially dating every radioactive
    substance on earth by mixing in just the right amounts of daughter
    elements to provide consistent but contrived dates, which is only one of
    the clever manipulations He would have to do to fit your theory.

    www.genesisproclaimed.org <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org/>