Re: a few responses lumped together (Jim and Burgy take note)

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 07:39:31 EST

    In a message dated 3/22/03 11:37:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    burgythree@hotmail.com writes:

    > Would it not have been more in the spirit of scientific honesty, Moorad, to
    > have pointed out (1) that the word "homosexuals" means an orientation, not
    > an activity and that the translation above is challenged by many biblical
    > scholars?

    If by orientation, you mean genetic orientation, would you kindly provide
    evidence for that. If not, then what is "scientifically honest" or dishonest?
    You read Lamm's religious argument. Is the brother of the president of
    Yeshiva University not a Biblical scholar? I''m sure that learned family
    would disagree with you. What is the alternate translation of which you speak?
    rich