Re: thought experiment

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 18:20:38 EST

    >>I think this needs fleshed out a bit more to clarify your scenario. Are
    >>you assuming that some supporting evidence is presented? If so, it would
    >>seem worthwhile for the physics Nobel committee to look into. Relevance
    >>for the peace prize would depend on whether he wanted to distribute these
    >>to any in need or if he was offering the highest bidder the chance to set
    >>this up and then nuke everyone else with impunity. >>

    OK. Let's also assume that (1) Dr. X. presents all sorts of data and words
    relating to his search within the ID paradigm. (2) He also quite freely
    admits that his discovery was made accidently, much as Fleming's discovery
    of penicillin. (3) He also has published the requisite methodologies so that
    anyone (with $10,000) can buy the needed materials and make his own shield.

    You are on the nobel prize committee. Do you vote for him or not? If not --
    what is your basis?

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com