Re: Johnson on Bible Answer Man

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 06:23:51 EST

    Moorad Alexandrian wrote:

    > Every scientist who has ever published a paper that is critical to other's
    > work or is presenting a new idea knows full well that the writing of the
    > paper is done as if one were presenting a brief before the US Superior
    > Court. My daughter, who is not a physician, is a practicing lawyer but
    > knows enough about medicine to properly depose physicians. I think this
    > criticism of PJ is unwarranted. PJ has clearly brought to the fore the
    > philosophical assumptions involved in evolutionary theory that go beyond
    > science. I believe that is proper philosophy of science, if you like.
    > Moorad

    It's usually my observation that the people who are most wrong tend
    to respond the most violently, abusively and arrogantly. Moreover, they
    are more likely to use their power to intimidate either physically or
    intellectually. The truth stands not because it is in the hands of the
    powerful and mighty, but because it is the truth.

    To question is not wrong because there is dogma in every human
    enterprise, but the weapons of your attack should ALWAYS be
    the sword of truth, not the words of slander, intellectual intimidation,
    innuendo and character assassination. It seems to me even prostitutes
    and soothsayers have sometimes wielded the words of truth in the
    scripture. So you cannot judge by position or title.

    The issue here is not actually whether evolution is true or false,
    but that PJ is using character assassination of an individual to
    discredit evolution. That I greatly object to that. We are all
    sinners and fallen people, so dirt is something we have plenty
    to share, but even those of us who are wrought with the slimiest
    mud can be used by God to speak words of His holy wisdom. Every
    person should always consider that they might be mistaken before
    they say such terrible things about others.

    by Grace alone we proceed,
    Wayne