RE: Scientist Christians on the (European) Continent

From: Mccarrick Alan D CRPH (MccarrickAD@nswccd.navy.mil)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 08:26:50 EST

    Don,

    Thank you for the more positive aspect of God's continued work in Europe. Of course, you are right, that we can never say that "God is absent" from one place or another. He also does not fail to accomplish His purposes. I only know a small group of individuals that may not be representative. I will continue to follow this thread, and pass on to my friend pertinent information.

    I would stand by my observation echoed by missionaries that I have heard of the difficulty of taking the gospel to contemporary Europeans. Compared with the US, religion is indeed greatly reduced in its presence in French society - excluding the growing number of Muslims and occultists. Our notion of freedom OF religion allowing personal expression, the French idea (admittedly, observed within my small group of acquaintances) is freedom FROM religion - you can have any beliefs, but keep them to yourself.

    What I want to make contact with "confessing" Christians (to use the older term) in the sciences.