RE: David Livingstone's take on geology and creation

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 00:54:21 EST

    I agree with you that it is part of the general ignorance which doesn't stop
    at science. But, I simply fail see how it was so different in Victorian
    times which would require that everyone in the church was scientifically
    literate in the Victorian Church. IF they were so insignificant, why did
    Miller spend approximately one tenth of his book refuting an insigificant
    minority? Most authors wouldn't was that much ink.

    I suspect that the only reason we don't see the same US phenomenon in the UK
    today is that basically no one goes to church.

    personal stories of struggle