Re: Unleashing the Storm

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 23:26:49 EST

    On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:27:44 -0600 "Stephen J. Krogh"
    <panterragroup@mindspring.com> writes:
    If you believe the movement of the rods was demonic, who were you praying
    to?

    I answered that in my original post: When I felt them move I was
    startled and prayed in my mind, "God, I don't know what's going on here,
    but if this is not from you please take it away."

    As to why demons might be interested in displaying this type of power, I
    think it tends to take our focus away from God. The closest parallel I
    can think of from scripture is Simon the Sorcerer in Acts 8:9-24. "They
    followed him because he had amazed them for a long time with his magic."
    (Acts 8:11)

    There is also the slave girl who predicted the future (Acts 15:4). "She
    earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling....Finally
    Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, 'In
    the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!' At that
    moment the spirit left her."

    Bill

    Only $9.95 per month!
    Visit www.juno.com