SPAM

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 13:47:28 EST

    Someone on the list is trying to remove the list address from some spam list.

    1. I have never found these to work and suspiciously believe that
    when you click on them your address get sent out to thousands of
    other spammers.

    2. The list address and computer is at Calvin College. I'm not 100%
    sure even if I know how to make the address removal thing know that
    I'm removing it from the proper computer.

    3. In general, I suggest ignoring/deleting/filtering out spam rather
    than responding to it.

    4. The proliferation of this message "Please Verify......." is caused
    by list members responding to the invitation to remove the list
    address. Please don't do this. The spam is coming to the list, not to
    your address personally.

    Please don't waste list resources with a discussion of this. Take it
    up with me individually.

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523