Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 13:24:46 EST

    In a message dated 1/21/03 12:08:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    bnelson301@yahoo.com writes:

    > The issue of homosexuality is so divisive in part because it is taken out of
    > context. I do not find any
    > good scriptural warrant to separate homosexual acts from other types of
    > sexual sins.

    This is the context within which I am making my arguments: in Canada it is
    becoming close to law for a Christian clergyman to say homosexuality is a sin
    - even from his pulpit. To speak against homosexuality is fast becoming a
    'hate crime.'
    Homosexuals are banding together in political organizations to support and
    legislate their agenda. Have you all decided on your position vis a vis their
    position and are you organized politically to protect your religion?
    Governor Pataki of New York made a deal with the homosexual lobbyists to give
    up protection of heterosexual marriage if he was re-elected - and he was -
    he gave it up after it had been protected I understand for the last 30 years.
    Homosexuality is not simply a behavior. It's now a powerful political
    quasi-religious movement and if you don't face it, it will soon change your
    world without your Christian input.

    rich