RE: Unleashing the Storm

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 00:53:31 EST

    I have a copy of this book (back in storage in Houston) and what is in it
    surprises me that AiG ever sold it. The version I have has Peterson
    claiming that Buddhist monks could levitate rocks!

    "An Amazing Report from Tibet"
          "In a recently published book by authors, Playfair and Hill,
    The Cycles of Heaven included an incredible report from the Asian
    country of Tibet. A Swedish aircraft engineer named Henry Kjellson
    is reported to have witnessed an awesome ceremony conducted by
    Tibetan priests. At the base of a sheer rock cliff in the
    mountains, scores of men had gathered to take their parts in the
    dramatic scene. Groups of them were carefully arranged in a
    semi-circle, equipped with large suspended drums and others with
    special trumpets."
          "As the ceremony proceeded the drum beats and trumpet blasts
    were directed at the center of the semi-circle in front of the
    cliff. A four foot block of rock was positioned there. The
    corporate noise of the assembled instruments must have been
    deafening. But after a while the heavy chunk of rock (weighing
    several tons) was seen ascending in the air straight up to the top
    of the cliff."
          "We tend to think of a report like that as being either
    spiritualistic or false. It just sounds too bizarre to be
    explainable by natural laws.
          "But notice a report from the popular Omni magazine in
    November of 1980. According to the report, NASA scientists have
    succeeded in using sound waves to levitate pellets of glass or
    metal!
          "Could there be realms of technology whcih we have yet to
    re-discover? Do you remember Solomon's words? 'There is no
    remembrance of former things. There is nothing new under the sun.
      It has already been in ancient times before us." ~ Dennis R.
    Peterson, Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation, (South
    Lake Tahoe: Creation Resource Foundation, 1990), p. 195

    Wanna build a building? Call your high school marching band!

    "The Gargantuan Stones of Tiahuanaco"
          "High in the Andes Mountains of Bolivia, are the stark and
    mysterious ruins of Tiahuanaco. This obscure desolation sits at an
    altitude of 13,000 feet. It seems impossible that an inhabited
    city like this could be positioned where the air is so thin. Yet
    this mysterious city may help us to better appreciate the abilities
    of the ancients.
          "Almost nothing is known about the history of this place. Who
    lived there? When did it flourish? How far did its empire extend?
          "In the book, The World's last Mysteries, by Readers Digest,
    the lead headline reads: "When the winds of the Andes howl through
    Tiahuanaco's deserted buildings, it is easy to believe in the
    Indian legend that the city was built by a race of giants."
          "At Tiahuanaco there are massive stone stairways that defy
    simple explanation; they seem to have been built especially to
    accommodate a race of large people.
          "There are sections of gigantic stone stairways that defy
    simple explanation; they seem to have been built specially to
    accommodate a race of large people.
          "There are sections of gigantic stone walls that have been
    hurled to the ground by what must have been a spectacular
    earthquake. Wall sections more than a foot thick and 16 by 26 feet
    in size, have been strewn around like so many toy blocks."
          "The enormous 'Gateway to the Sun' is hewn from a single rock
    and weighs as much as 10 tons. Other single cut stones here weigh
    up to 100 tons! Like the other volcanic building stones of this
    center, it was moved from a quarry at least 60 miles away across
    rough terrain without wheels and roads! How did they do it?
          "A Jesuit priest who had apparently interviewed native people
    of the area in the days of the Spanish conquistadores wrote this
    amazing account: 'the great stones one sees at Tiahuanaco were
    carried through the air to the sound of a trumpet.'
          "That may sound far-fetched in terms of our experience, but
    does that mean such a technique is absolutely impossible? The
    writer of this article in the previously mentioned book must think
    so. He discounts the priest's early report by writing: 'There must
    have been people even then who were not satisfied with an
    explanation that invoked the use of magic.'" Think! A hundred years
    ago, if you tried to explain to a person living then how a Boeing
    747 takes off from the runway you might also be accused of
    hallucinating or dabbling in witchcraft."
            Is there a reasonable explanation?" ~ Dennis R. Peterson, Unlocking
    the Mysteries of Creation, (South Lake Tahoe: Creation Resource
    Foundation, 1990), p. 193

    I met this rather bizarre fellow when he came to my kid's Christian school
    for a talk on evolution and the Bible. The school was a very prominent
    conservative (and expensive) private Christian school in Dallas. When we
    left Dallas for a year and a half and then moved back, we didn't send our
    kids back there. I enrolled them in public schools to get them a good
    education.

    Petersen has some other bizarre ideas:

    "There are a number of indicators both from the Bible and from the
    physical findings of ancient cultures that rock crystals were used
    to communicate through the air. Though this idea may seem to be
    granting too much knowledge to early man, we must be honest enough
    to continue exploring for verifications of Solomon's statement in
    Ecclesiastes chapter one." ~ Dennis R. Peterson, Unlocking the
    Mysteries of Creation, (South Lake Tahoe: Creation Resource
    Foundation, 1990), p. 199

    personal stories of struggle