They base their lives on 'mythology'

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 07:51:27 EST

    In a message dated 1/7/03 12:32:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    jeisele@starpower.net writes:

    > The fact is that the Bible reads like mythology. I refuse to base my life
    > on mythology. I wouldn't base my life on Homer's writings.

    The ashkenazi Jews of eastern Europe had a religious revival in the 19th
    century. It's called hasidism. These people have lengthy genealogies, the
    highest mean IQ in the world, concentrated wealth, and some of the highest
    birth rates in the world. wherever they go, they influence government policy
    (remember New Square , the orthodox community that sold their votes and made
    Hilary clinton senator in NY?). These religious jews began zionism and it is
    their communities that are in Palestinian territory that will not leave and
    create a situation that holds the world hostage. They base their lives on
    Biblical 'mythology.'
    If you read gershom scholem's The Messianic Idea in Judaism, you find a
    remarkable disclaimer. They attribute their communal zeal to a redemption in
    the 'here and now' and then Scholem goes on to say that this cannot be
    compared to the self sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He actually feels it
    necessary to reject the notion that the communal zeal of Hasids might come
    from Christian ideas, but it is true. The Hasids renewed their religion by
    building the 'Kingdom of God' within their communities, creating on an ethnic
    basis what Jesus had decreed for us all. They base their lives on 'Biblical
    mythology.'
    It works for some...
    How much of the mythology have you penetrated?
    rich

    --part1_12c.1f9c2ce9.2b4c274f_boundary

    <HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated
    1/7/03 12:32:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, jeisele@starpower.net
    <BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;
    MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The fact is
    that the Bible reads like mythology. &nbsp;I refuse to base my life
    on mythology. &nbsp;I wouldn't base my life on Homer's writings.
    <BR>
    <BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BR>
    <BR>The ashkenazi Jews of eastern Europe had a religious revival in
    the 19th century. It's called hasidism. These people have lengthy
    genealogies, the highest mean IQ in the world, concentrated wealth,
    and some of the highest birth rates in the world. wherever they go,
    they influence government policy (remember New Square , the orthodox
    community that sold their votes and made Hilary clinton senator in
    NY?). These religious jews began zionism and it is their communities
    that are in Palestinian territory that will not leave and create a
    situation that holds the world hostage. They base their lives on
    Biblical 'mythology.'
    <BR>If you read gershom scholem's The Messianic Idea in Judaism, you
    find a remarkable disclaimer. They attribute their communal zeal to a
    redemption in the 'here and now' and then Scholem goes on to say that
    this cannot be compared to the self sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He
    actually feels it necessary to reject the notion that the communal
    zeal of Hasids might come from Christian ideas, but it is true. The
    Hasids renewed their religion by building the 'Kingdom of God' within
    their communities, creating on an ethnic basis what Jesus had decreed
    for us all. They base their lives on 'Biblical mythology.'
    <BR>It works for some...
    <BR>How much of the mythology have you penetrated?
    <BR>rich
    <BR> &nbsp;</FONT></HTML>

    --part1_12c.1f9c2ce9.2b4c274f_boundary--