RE: More on the Georgia Decision, from Cal Thomas

From: Hassell, Ian C. (hasselli@eucom.mil)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 03:34:35 EDT

    Cal's editorial is well-stated. We need not fear presentation of competing
    theories. The one that is right will ultimately win out (I believe that's
    also a tenant of evolutionism). As many of you on the list bear testimony
    to, there is not a dichotomy between "evolutionism" and "creationism".
    There is a continuum of positions in between the two world views - from a
    Christian 7-day literal YEC to a humanist/atheist evolutionist.

    We can examine the clues of what's left, but the decision on how to put the
    puzzle back together without all the pieces (or the cover of the box that
    shows the final product) is ultimately a decision of philosophy, not
    science. Maybe the debate would be less obfuscated if it was relegated to
    Philosophy Class before it's introduced in Science Class.

    Ian Hassell