RE: Geologic map of Iraq--no flood in Iraq

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 22:42:34 EDT

    The map is in the northern part of Iraq, just south of Syrian border. I have
    the map on CD in PDF form and to see anything one must blow it up to a
    decent scale. My point is not that southern Mesopotamia has not been
    flooded--it has. The point is that that flood can't move an ark north to
    Turkey. If everyone now agrees that a mesopotamian flood can't flood
    anything more than southern Iraq, then it is clear that either 1) the
    Biblical account saying the ark landed on the mountains of Ararat is false,
    or 2) Mesopotamia isn't the site of the flood.

    As to southern Iraq, it is largely Holocene/Quaternary fluvial as is to be
    expected as it is the former delta of the Tigris/Euphrates system. Thus,
    there is no doubt that southern mesopotamia has been flooded everywhere, but
    then so has southern Lousiana and the Amazon delta, the Nile Delta etc.

    personal stories of struggle