Catastrophism?

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 18:59:30 EDT

    Allen Roy's identification of himself as a Creationary Cataclysmist
    reminded me of a slip made by my father when giving announcements at
    church. He dismissed the grade-school aged kids to the Children's
    Cataclysm class. The teacher of the catechism class thought this
    designation was sometimes appropriate for her students.

    The sharing of the name Rahab between the woman who sheltered the
    spies and the chaos monster suggested that folks in Jericho found
    kids cataclysmic, too. However, the two Rahabs proved to reflect
    different Hebrew words when I checked a concordance.

         Dr. David Campbell
         Old Seashells
         University of Alabama
         Biodiversity & Systematics
         Dept. Biological Sciences
         Box 870345
         Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 USA
         bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted
    Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at
    Droitgate Spa