We're central-Nature says so???

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 19:10:33 EDT

    A story from Nature's news service reports that a recent physics
    study indicates that our universe is inexplicably highly improbable.
    However, the discussion appeared to me to be seriously flawed, with
    wrongly justified claims to rule out both divine intervention and "we
    just happen to be here; a slight difference, and either we would not
    exist or else we would be wondering why it could happen exatly that
    way".

    Does anyone know more about the merits or lack thereof for the
    original work? The Nature blurb is at

    http://www.nature.com/nsu/020812/020812-2.html

    Incidentally there is also an article reporting a lungfish-tetrapod
    ancestor transitional form in the latest Nature.

         Dr. David Campbell
         Old Seashells
         University of Alabama
         Biodiversity & Systematics
         Dept. Biological Sciences
         Box 870345
         Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 USA
         bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted
    Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at
    Droitgate Spa