Re: Noahic Covenant

From: Victorian Wife (victorianwife@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 19:26:38 EDT

    Hi Vernon,

    I think your tree data below may be a bit skewed. Deep flooding probably
    means that the tree's bottom half was flooded with water but not that the
    ENTIRE tree (the crown) was under water for that period of time. There is a
    big difference in these two things. If a tree was submerged to several feet
    or more above its top, I doubt that it could survive very long at all.
    First, it would not be able to photosynthesize much like you would not be
    able to breath, thus, death. Second, if it was that submerged and taking
    into account probable currents under the water the whole thing would
    probably be uprooted, thus, death.

    I quote the following from your below reported web site:

    "Tree injury increases in proportion to the percent of crown covered by
    water. Species that can survive standing in several feet of water for months
    may die in less than one month when their foliage is completely covered. Few
    species can tolerate more than one month of complete submersion during the
    growing season"

    We should all be careful not to take information out of context for our
    arguments.

    Marque