Re: Comment's on Allens postings

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 12:47:18 EDT

    Graham Morbey wrote:

    > yet without sin?

             The simplest answer is to note that I said, "proper to
    genuine humanity."
    Sin isn't.
             But this shouldn't be taken to mean that somehow Jesus inherited some
    pre-fall nature of a sinless Adam & Eve. That is a traditional
    western position
    which, carried to its logical conclusion, results in the Roman doctrine of the
    immaculate conception of Mary. It is better to say that Christ had
    the same humanity
    that we all do and, with Barth, that "'Without sin' means that in our human and
    sinful existence as a man He did not sin."
             The whole idea of a return to a sinless pre-fall nature goes
    in the wrong
    direction. Christ _is_ "genuine humanity," what God always intended
    humanity to
    become.

    Shalom,

    George