Re: Binding of Isaac (Was Re: Scripture and the ASA; Robt

From: J Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 00:20:56 EDT

    Rogland's post)
    Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:24:31 -0600
    Sender: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu

    On June 29th, George wrote, in part: "H) That there is ethical advance
    within scripture is shown by the progression from Gen.4:23-24 (unlimited
    vengeance) to Ex.21:23-24
    (defined & limited retribution) to Mt.5:38-39 (non-resistance)."

    Do you extend that claim (which looks OK) to also claim that humanity as a
    whole is making ethical advancement? In light of the events of the 20th
    century, I have some difficulty with that claim, even as I want it to be
    true.

    JWB

    www.burgy.50megs.com