Re: A tent for all theists? Was :RE: Moon proclaims he is

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 14:01:40 EDT

    I would not lump Dawkins and Eugenie Scott together. While Scott professes
    to be agnostic, she is not hostile toward religion, and has urged members of
    the religious community who support evolution as science to say so
    publically. The National Center for Science Education, which Genie is exec.
    director, includes a Faith Network Project, currently under the direction of
    the Rev. Phina Borgeson, an Episcopal deacon and a member of the board of
    the Episcopal Church Network for Science, Technology and Faith. I met Genie
    at an AAAS DoSER meeting in Washington two years ago, in which
    representative of several faith communities met for consultation on how
    people of faith through their denominational organization could defend the
    teaching of evolution (not evolutionism) in public schools.

    Bob Schneider