RE: Adam from Dust

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 12:24:34 EDT

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    >This has always been a bit of a puzzle to me about Dick's God. God says
    >that he reaches out to mankind, that he doesn't want anyone to perish. Yet,
    >here, in this view, God makes no covenant with any man until 4004 BC when he
    >decides that maybe he should make contact with mankind and tell them the
    >true theological path. It is kind of like an afterthought-- as if God said,
    >"Oh, what are those funny creatures walking on two sticks and yabbering like
    >crows? Maybe I should speak with them." Of course it matters not that
    >nearly 10 billion people were left without any communication with God--not
    >even a communication they could reject. God didn't care enough to
    >communicate with them in any fashion--he left them to their own devices.
    >What a loving God!

    The amazing thing about the grace of God is that He extends it to us
    at all. We have no earthly comprehension of His holiness or His
    standards of righteousness. Isaiah thought he was a fairly righteous
    fellow when he compared himself to his peers, but when he was given
    of glimpse of the glory of God, he got a reality check: "Woe is me!
    for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in
    the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the
    King, the Lord of hosts" (Isa. 6:5).

    The very fact God has offered us a provision to come into His
    presence is an overwhelming concession. We are lowly creatures after
    all. We only have exalted status on this earth because we can see
    ourselves in the company of lesser creatures. Surrounded by dogs and
    cats and various unaccountable animal life we may look pretty good:
    intelligent, bipedal, loving creatures. Yet we can kill members of
    our own species, even our own family members, for reasons other than
    food. How many of God's lesser creatures do that?

    You may think that there were humans worthy of salvation earlier than
    God thought so. But I trust in God's timing. And if you don't like
    God's timing, you are stuck with it anyway. Probably the only reason
    I find comfort in God's timing is because I have had a longer period
    of time to think about it. Sure I have questions. Why did God
    create Satan or the rest of the heavenly host that fell to earth in
    Satan's rebellion against God? Why not snuff them all out Ananias
    and Sapphira style? (Acts 5:1-5).

    The fact is that His ways are higher, and His thought are higher, and
    we aren't privy, except that He has made a book available to us, and
    through the Holy Spirit, there are those who He may communicate with
    as it pleasures Him. But there seems to be a few things He doesn't
    bother to tell us outright. However, if we have submitted ourselves
    to Jesus Christ and have questions, search His Word, are willing to
    be taught, have a humble attitude, and do an honest search, we may be
    rewarded.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"