Eve (was RE: Scripture: Intrusion Ethics / Mark Noll)

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 07:57:47 EDT

    Shuan writes

    >I tell you, I think that it is absolute nonsense that someone has to pass
    >the " rib" test to serve on the faculty of Wheaton College. why not a bats
    >are really birds test or a fish swallowing & regurgitating man test while
    >we are at it? Lets leave that attitude back with the Spanish Inquisition
    >where it belongs (exit rant mode),

    Hmmm. Maybe, at some point in the future, you will elaborate on your
    Spanish Inquisition analogy. No one is forcing anyone to serve on the
    faculty of Wheaton College.

    Does not every Christian have the "right" to interpret Genesis as he or
    she "honestly believes."

    Perhaps, at this point in history, a bigger question is, are Christians
    willing
    to openly discuss the issues?

    My guess (not sure) is that the faculty of Wheaton College would be willing
    to explain their position.

    We have discussed on this list in the past that the ICR does not have an
    open,
    public forum, as does the ASA (although we too seem to encounter
    "politically
    incorrect" topics from time to time).

    I think the real enemy is "hiding behind your institution." I don't recall
    any place in the New Testament where Jesus says "fear the truth." Perhaps
    you ought to consult Wheaton College before publicly demeaning them. Or at
    least show that you are trying to understand their reasoning.

    If I knew anyone at Wheaton College, I'd ask them myself.

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org