RE: Supernova 1987A

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 18:29:25 EDT

    Glenn,

    I hesitate continuing to clutter up this list any more but,

    Your statement:

    "One simply can't be intellectually honest and only listen to positive =
    things for ones' views..."

    describes your approach to pretty much everything I have said.

    You continually patronize me by claiming that "non-scientists" cannot =
    hope to fathom the depths of your scientific understanding.

    My experience with scientists is that the ones who cannot explain their =
    theories cogently do not have a good grip on them to begin with. As the =
    wags say, they are legends in their own minds. Don't forget I was a =
    Zoology pre-med major for four years at Duke and UF.

    -------

    You said:

    "Evolution is just the driving of sequences towards the random portion =
    of
    sequence space and that is where the information lies."

    What drives it? What information lies in the random portion of sequence =
    space? =20

    -------

    You said:

    "But it wouldn't have been a big bang and it won't have the same
    consequences. What reason did God have for making the galaxies (which we
    wouldn't discovery for millennia) all be moving away from us?"

    The coming into being of all the energy and matter in the universe would =
    not be a bang of universal proportions and sling stuff everywhere?

    To God all time is a created thing he sees all at once, like a table. =
    Everything that has ever and will ever be, matter, energy, space and =
    time as we know it, was created at once.

    -------

    You said:

    "Explain why those things I pointed you to aren't
    transitional forms?"

    Please restate your alleged transitional forms between any two genuses. =
    I do not recall you asking me that question.

    -------

    You said:

    "Why did God create the radioactive isotopes like He
    did?"=20

    Why not. Everything works into his plan. You assume that if man cannot =
    readily discern that plan it must not exist. =20

    -------

    You said:

    "Secondly, I have noticed a all too familiar trait in you. Young-earth
    creationists, when faced with problems never reply to a direct question
    about the problem."

    Same to you. If ever a trait appeared in evolutionary thought, that is =
    it. You completely avoided Wolfram's analysis.

    -------

    You said:

    "If all of this is true, Jay, how can you be sure that the Father of =
    Lies
    isn't making you think you read one thing on the pages of the Bible when =
    in
    fact the Bible says something entirely different? If Satan is so =
    powerful
    to deceive our senses, then what limits him from deceiving our senses =
    when
    we read about the plan of salvation?"

    Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 sums it up pretty well at "19If only for this =
    life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men."=20

    -------

    I said:

    "As long as we both believe Jesus was exactly who he said he was, and =
    that
    >we both need and accept his salvation, whether the gas ring was
    >there before
    >the supernova or not, or exactly how God operated in Genesis 1 is =
    simply
    >exciting mystery to investigate. I do not feel we will get it =
    completely
    >sorted out before Christ returns and fills in the blanks for us,"

    To which you said:

    "First one isn't investigating if one thinks he already has the answer."

    So you no longer Jesus was exactly who he said he was?

    Jay