RE: sciDocument.rtf

From: Shuan Rose (shuanr@boo.net)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 18:04:31 EDT

            Hi Gordon,
    You are probably right. Its a fragmented field.However, I have read several
    introductions to the OT and the standard approach seems to be to say that
    the some version of the documentary hypothesis(JEDP) is the starting point
    for interpretation of the Pentateuch, and the Deuteronomic history
    hypothesis similarly for Judges-2 Kings.
    See this link for a typical approach to introducing the OT.

    http://www.hope.edu/academic/religion/bandstra/RTOT/RTOT.HTM

    Also,
    http://www.westminster.edu/staff/brennie/tanakh.htm

      Similarly , I think the majority of scholars accept the Q hypothesis as the
    best answer to the Synoptic problem.Actually, George, Bob, and Phil may be
    better sources than me on this question.
    I would say that conservatives , who typically subscribe to none of these
    approaches, tend to want to say that there is less of a consensus than I
    have said.