RE: The truth will prevail (was Re: The Fourth Day falsifies

From: Stephen J. Krogh (panterragroup@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 02:09:24 EDT

    Concordism )
    Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:20:15 -0500
    Sender: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu

    I understand that is what you have been saying all along. But that all you
    have been saying. That is why I asked the question in the first place. I was
    just wanting you to elaborate on it instead of just repeating it. All you
    have been saying is that "there are..." Well, what are they? I'm not
    debating you, I just wanted to know how you interpret it. What events do
    you place in each day and how would you order them. I find the "over-lapping
    day" quite novel. We can think of the 4th day's beginning starting before or
    on day 1, that is clever. Is this the 1-4, 2-5, 3-6 literary construct?

    > B) We all know God had something to do with Genesis One. If He
    > had said humans came before fish, that would close the book
    > on this discussion.
    > C) YEC is a scientific disaster. For that to be right, God would
    > have to be incredibly "deceptive." I prefer to look for alternate
    > interpretations.
    >
    > >What about angiosperms?
    >
    > Webster's seems to define them as plants with seeds, so I'll assume
    > that you are referring to Gen 1:12 "The earth brought forth vegetation,
    > plants yielding seed..."
    >
    > FWIW, it makes the most sense to me to think of the creation days as
    > overlapping. Just as "your day" overlaps "your parent's day." Or,
    > a day marks the beginning, or "dawning" of a new phase of creation.
    > (I don't know if that answers your question).

    This is kind of a nuvo-concordism.

    > >Is it on the same lines as Hugh Ross' Reason's to Believe
    > >scenario?
    >
    > Hugh has his strengths and weaknesses. A quote on the inside cover
    > of The Genesis Question (1998), mentions that the book doesn't
    > provide a complete answer. I wasn't terribly impressed. We have
    > enough information now to do a better job.

    He did have a problem with angiosperms, so he includes gymnosperms as a type
    of seed bearing plant. In Ross' other books he makes a similar claim that
    you do in "A" that the Gen 1 account is exactly the right order and that
    Moses must have been divinely inspired to get it right. He wrote, "The odds
    that Moses could have guessed the correct order of events, even if he were
    given the events, are 1 chance in 11x10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1, or 1 chance in
    roughly 40 million. In addition, Moses scored three for three in describing
    the initial conditions. Of course, most amazing of all is the accuracy of
    his depiction of each creative event. Clearly, Moses must have been inspired
    by God to write as he did." Is he now retracting that claim? Just
    wondering.

    Stephen J. Krogh, P.G.
    The PanTerra Group
    http://panterragroup.home.mindspring.com