Re: preadamic man "in God's image" vs "sons of God"

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 16:06:35 EDT

    Paul writes

    >If you want to get even closer to the Bible, combine "the Adam" of Gen
    1:26,
    >27 with "the Adam" of Gen 2:7, 8, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 3:8, 9,
    >12, 20, 22, 24; so that the individual man Adam is indistinguishable from
    >"the Adam" of Gen 1:26, 27.
    >That is what Gen 5:1, 2 does:

    Paul, as always, I appreciate your Bible knowledge. To be honest,
    before today I just figured Gen 1:26-27 was humans in general. But,
    there's no reason it can't be Adam himself. And that flows better
    with the text.

    For economy of space, a couple other posts called the "sons of God"
    of Gen 6:1 heavenly beings. It's hardly a critical verse. But
    I've read (probably in Dick's book) that "sons of God" was a
    reference to Sumerian kings such as Adam. After all, Dick did
    do ten years of research, two at the Library of Congress.

    Jim