RE: How to teach about evolution in the church. Was" Utley v Dawkins"

From: Shuan Rose (shuanr@boo.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 16:17:54 EST

    Whoa, who talked about "taking over" the churches? I was seconding George's
    argument about teaching evolution in a positive light in churches.In many
    evangelical churches, evolution is derided as bad science at best , and a
    product of Satan at worst. Young people growing up in such churches go out
    into the world, realise that evolution is actually pretty good science, and
    stop believing not only in what the church teaches about evolution, but
    pretty much in everything else in the church teaches.
    This almost happened to Glenn, and almost happened to me . It really did
    happen to a lot of people. A proper understanding of evolution would cut
    down on that happening.
    Such rhetoric proves my point about the difficulties of teaching evolution
    in church.