RE: Science and Religion

From: Shuan Rose (shuanr@boo.net)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 18:53:06 EST

    Hey jan,
    I like your "integrated" approach. In my view, it is amazing that even
    scientifically minded people adhere to a view of religion that excludes
    history, geology, etc. I know of two computer programmers and a weapons
    research analyst who reject evolution and are YECs. Now, these are guys who
    have much more scientific training than I do, but they never seem to let
    their scientific training anywhere near their religious beliefs. To me, this
    is impossible doublethink, but it seems to work for them. I joined this
    listserv partly in order to try to work this religion-science thing out, but
    it doesn't really seem to bother them. I'm glad that there are more choices
    than YECism and atheism.