RE: Theological Consequences of Evolution

From: Adrian Teo (ateo@whitworth.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 12:10:30 EST

    Hello Jim,

    It is a very difficult problem for science to solve, and may not even be
    solvable ultimately.

    > >Of course, where the break actually occurred is uncertain, but
    > >it seems necessary to hold this view in order to to account the
    > >"specialness" of humans in creation as a moral agent endowed
    > with divine
    > >sonship.
    >
    > Careful, Adrian. It is not our job to tell God what the
    > definition of special is.

    There appears to be some confusion on your part. A distinction would be
    helpful heere. Whatever we discover through science, theology, or any other
    means is wholly description rahter than prescriptive. Our human attempts are
    simply ways of figuring out what God did, and never to tell God what to do
    (we couldn't even if we tried). So, no, I am not trying to say how God ought
    to have done it, but simply to say that it appears that God had done it one
    way or another.

    Adrian.