RE: Intelligent Design discussion in Columbus, OH

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 09:47:10 EST

    Your "Presbyterian minister" wrote-

    "But unlike the backers of intelligent design, I don't pretend to be naive
    or clever about the Author of creation -- about the One who not only called
    light out of darkness but created the darkness itself and who is the One in
    whom I live and move and have my being."
    (Emphasis mine)

    Personally, I would check the credentials of anyone who worships the One who
    "...created the darkness itself..."

    Like most of his fellow travelers, his argument is rather irrational...yes,
    he believes intelligent design is true, but no, such truths should not be
    presented in a public school science class.

    But this presupposes that there are two "truths" concerning the origin of
    our world, and its inhabitants: the Intelligent Creator Whom kids may learn
    about in Sunday School, and the unintelligent Forces of Nature which they
    learn about the rest of the week.

    This forum has demonstrated routinely that there can be some acceptance of
    both truths in a rational mind, but, unfortunately, such a dialogue is not
    likely to occur in our public schools.

    The irony is that the secular humanists are thus forcing inquiring minds to
    seek answers in the churches, where at least discussing the dichotomy is not
    prohibited by law. 8^)

    Norm