Re: The "global flood" - was a lot of other things previously

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 14:48:51 EST

    Here are a few;

    John Pye Smith "The relation between the Holy Scriptures and some parts of
    Geology (1838 4th ed 1848) p115 "We cannot represent to ourselves the idea
    of their being brought into one small spot from the polar regions. the
    torrid zone ... - without bringin up the idea pf miracles more stupendous
    than any that are recorded in Scripture ... The great decisive miracle of
    Christianity, the Resurrection of the LORD JESUS, - sinks down before it.
    210

    Miller The Testimony of the Rocks 1858 p330 also points out the need to
    multiply miracles.

    Edward Hitchcock 'The religion of Geology' 1851 p117 Makes similar comments

    William Buckland in about 1820 held to a universal flood, dropped by 1836 in
    his Brigewater Treatise. In some notes of c1823 he suggested God recreated
    all species after the flood.

    Enough for the moment.

    Michael