RE: What are the odds?....Or, a great and Mighty God

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 15:03:52 EST

    I cannot speak for others, but I myself appreciate your authoritative
    response. I must make some observations and some questions. Am I to
    understand that while God was able to create an entire universe, space-time,
    stars, galaxies, planets, moons, as well as plants and life forms, he was
    unable to influence the scripture in such a way as to insure that Genesis
    could not be written as factual? Some might say that some, if not all, of
    the Bible should not be taken literally. We must understand writers,
    cultures, and languages. While I do agree with this in the area of trying to
    understand the practices and beliefs of ancient people, how can one say that
    God is powerful, but unable to control what goes in to the very Bible that
    speaks his name? I was not aware that God lost his power after the creation.
    Was he not able to part the Red Sea? Was he not able to send his only son to
    our undeserving planet? Does the language and culture differences of our
    ancestors somehow outweigh God's will? I do not doubt the accuracy of
    anyone's information, until I have been shown otherwise. But, I will not
    allow myself or my children to believe that God has no power to influence
    his own words?
    Respectfully, Don P