Death before Sin

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 22:51:47 EST

    I think this snip is from a note from Troy. Do I have that right?

    [snip]
    << I also have trouble
     reconciling an evolutionary model with the fall of man and the curse of the
     Earth.

    Another approach to consider in relation to this difficulty is the evidence of death in the world before Adam (or, from an evolutionary point of view, before the emergence of human beings). Two articles in PSCF deal with theological and biblical interpretation of this issue.

        (1) Go to the ASA site, click "Additions to the On-Line Collection," and read the article by Gary Emberger, "Theological Analysis of Recent Creationist Assertions Concerning the Occurance of Death before Sin" (#52, p. 160-168.

        (2) Also, from PSCF #51, p. 26ff (it doesn't appear to be on line), the article by Clarence Menninga, "Disease and Dying in the Fossil Record: Implications for Christian Theology."

    Bob Schneider