Re: The flood --Asteroid impacts

From: Allen Roy (allenroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 18:16:17 EST

    From: bivalve <bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com>

    > Apart from your posts to the ASA list and the mention of the idea in that
    J Geol Ed article that I mentioned a few years ago, I do not recall seeing
    the bolide splash explanation for the Flood among other global flood
    advocates. Any idea how popular it is or examples of other folks who
    advocate it? I am curious about prevailing views.

    (not in any specific order)

    Wayne Spencer (B.S., M.S. Physics)
    [http://pws.prserv.net/creation/creation.htm] presented two papers at the
    4th ICC (1998): "Geophysical Effects of Impacts during the Genesis Flood,"
    pp 567-579 and "Catastrophic Impact Bombardment Surrounding the Genesis
    Flood" pp. 553-566. Also two letters to the editor CRSQ, v. 36, n. 3, 1999,
    pgs. 162-165, "Comments on Wetumpka Impact paper (CRSQ 36:32-37)" and "Earth
    Impacts, The Geolgic Column, and Chicxulub."

    Spencer, 1998 "Earth impacts and Noah's Flood: A resource guide for
    educators and researchers." Creation Education Materials, Arlington, TX.

    Carl. R. Froede Jr., (B.S. P.G.) 1999, "The Wetumpka Impact Crater, Elmore
    County, Alabama: An interpretation within the Young-Earth Flood Model."
    CRSQ, v.36: 32-37.

    Fischer, J.M. 1994, A giant meteorite impact and rapid continental drift.
    3rd ICC pp 185-197.

    Fritzsche, T. 1998, The impact at the Cretaceous/Tertiary boundary. 4th ICC
    pp 241-251.

    Froede, and DeYoung. 1996, Impact events within the Young-Earth Flood model.
    CRSQ 33:23-34.

    Faulkner, D. 1999. A biblically based cratering theory. CENTJ 13:100-104