Days of Gen 1

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 02:43:57 EST

    To my YEC friends (and I really don't have anything personal
    against you).

    Where in Gen 1 does it say that the creation days are
    necessarily one right after the other? My NASB says
    there was one day, a second day...not Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

    I have heard much commentary over why the text doesn't say
    "first day." Could us modern westerners have misinterpreted
    before we had sufficient scientific evidence?

    I realize the NIV uses "first day." Everything I have read
    indicates the NIV translation is looser. This is not without
    risk.

    Jim