RE: ASA Perspective

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 21:35:38 EST

    The question posed by the writer of the e-mail which I was responding to
    asked what was meant by separation of water.
    It is my own personal understanding and belief that this is in fact the
    separation of gaseous clouds within the solar system. To make it somewhat
    more explanatory, I submit the following for critique:

    NIV-Genesis 1:6-8
        Judeo-Christian: And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the
    waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated
    the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God
    called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning--the
    second day.
        Scientific: The gases(water) drifting around the sun began to cool and
    mass together and form a proto-earth with a atmosphere that separated it
    from the open space(water) above. The second era/stage past.

    While I am certain that this may be a minority view, it is nonetheless my
    own.

    Thanks for your response.

    Don P