RE: Stephen J Gould & Kenneth Miller to speak in Cleveland

From: Dale K. Stalnaker (dks@en.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 13:29:16 EST

    I live near Cleveland, but was too busy to attend this program. Stephen
    Gould was not there, I think because of illness. Dr. Miller and Dr.
    Lawrence Kraus were there.

    Dr. Miller has arguments countering Intelligent Design (ID) in this
    Cleveland Plain Dealer interview.
    http://www.cleveland.com/education/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/101515503724968110.xml
    His refutations against ID are also covered in more detail in his excellent
    book, "Finding Darwin's God". In this book He offers the anthropic
    principle in defense of his Catholic faith, which is not mention in the PD
    article.

    The PD website has other articles regarding the ID contriversy at
    http://www.cleveland.com/education/index.ssf?/focuson/more/design.html

    Dale Stalnaker