apology

From: Stuart d Kirkley (stucandu@lycos.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 00:54:42 EST

     I wish to apologise to anyone who may have been offended by my past several posts (re: virgin birth/ Divine Sonship). My argument was not with any person or church but with what I perceive to be an error in theological doctrine. I feel strongly about this, but perhaps I should not have been so outspoken. I had several opportunities today to rethink this and although I maintain my position, I respect the position that others hold as well. In the search for Truth we have to let go of positions that are outgrown. We also should not personalize these positions, as that makes them harder to let go. As progressive thinkers we must be able to look at any position through the lens of objectivity. I hope that my position can be looked at this way, and I will do the same for yours. I leave you with this Scripture. 1 Cor 12:4-7 ' Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operat!
    ion
    s, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.'

    2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
    http://my.lycos.com