Re: Virgin Birth

From: Guy Blanchet (guyblanchet@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 21:56:52 EST

    Stuart d Kirkley a 閏rit:

    > --
    >
    > On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:24:28
    > bivalve wrote:
    > Even being born as the heir apparent to Caesar
    > would have made the Creator physically dependent on others to feed
    > and clean Him.
    >
    > I still, for the life of me, can not understand how people can rationally state that Jesus was God incarnate. To me this is one of the biggest stumbling blocks of theololgy which stems from and leads to a narrowness of scriptural interpretation. If, as the Bible states clearly many times, God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to be the Saviour of the world, reveals God as Parent and Son as offspring, distinct and individual, how do you arrive at the idea that Jesus was God???!! I just find it incredulous that well reasoned people can actually hold to this doctrine.
    > Sorry, I had to get that out.
    >
    > 2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
    > http://my.lycos.com

    Mr Kirkley,

    Do you feel better now that you 'got it out'? So you're blown away by the fact that well-reasoned people believe Jesus is God? Don't be. Isaiah said these words about Jesus : "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble, and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame." The stone is Jesus and he causes certain people to stumble. I also attract your attention to these words from Paul in first Corinthians: "Has God not made foolish the wisdom of the world.[...] For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, [...]." Mr. Kirkly,
    be careful of worldly wisdom lest you stumble yourself.

    GB