[Fwd: RE: [Fwd:RE: Darwinism/Compassion]]]]]

From: Lucy Masters (masters@cox-internet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 15:02:57 EST

    Adrian:

    I cannot provide you with a B/W answer just as I do not live by B/W
    "laws." I think we should take each situation on a case by case basis
    and monitor it as we go along. What works well in one situation may not
    work well in another. You know, you could "help" one poor person who
    would respond well, engage in self-improvement, and use your Christian
    behavior in a positive way. You could provide the exact same "help" to
    another poor person who doesn't respond well, doesn't engage in
    self-improvement, and uses your Christian behavior in a negative way to
    enable himself to stay dependent upon you (i.e. "use" you). At that
    point in time, I think it wise for yourself AS WELL AS the poor person
    to stop helping. Your time can be used with someone else, and the poor
    person can learn a lesson that, in fact, may help him later in life.
     Didn't Jesus walk away from people? I think he did.

    Lucy