Re: Jewelry among modern humans

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 19:29:21 EST

    Glenn wrote: "And Neanderthals made flutes and whistles. To claim that
    they were merely bipedal mammals as Ross and Rana do is simply silly and
    totally ignores
    data. When are these apologists going to at least tell their supporters
    the
    anthropological facts?"

    My guess is that they have gone out on a limb far enough that to even
    acknowledge the existence of such findings would compromise their
    message. I do not think they do this maliciously, however. It is just the
    human condition to closely look at data that supports our position and to
    selectively ignore the rest. It is a condition which is very very hard to
    overcome, for one fools himself so easily.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, philosophy and much more)