Re: Gen 1 and Concordism

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 16:02:24 EST

    At 11:20 AM 21/02/02 -0500, Howard J. Van Till wrote:
    >A suggestion:
    >
    >1. Review the many messages that have been posted lately either defending
    >or criticizing various specific attempts to find a concord between Genesis
    >1-3, treated as a chronicle of what-happened-and-when in the creation's
    >formational history (YEC/OEC), and the current empirically-informed
    >scientific reconstruction of that history.

    Make that at least Gen. 1-11, Howard, as you know. I cannot see how you
    can see three chapters only, while the difficulties exist in all the first
    eleven chapters. Even more, my uncle, J.de Koning, in his book on the
    El-Amarna tablets and the Old Testament, goes further and shows that there
    are difficulties with the numbers (etc.) in all the early books of the Bible.
    He proposes solutions which i do not find convincing, but the difficulties
    remain.

    Jan de K.