RE: evolution and race

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 14:33:51 EST

    Allen-

    Could you elaborate on that statement... I understand that genetics have
    proved that we have all come from common ancestors, and, possibly, that we
    are of the same species (the point of contention in my original post), but
    does it in any way cast the idea of "strains" or "subspecies" or "races" in
    doubt. After all, for example, genetically, I believe, various groups are
    susceptible to different illnesses. I have been told that such resistances
    are enough to classify micro-organisms, if not higher creatures. Could this
    be a basis of further breakdown of our species?

    Norm Woodward
    Warner Robins Georgia