design from Re: Definition of "Species"

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 13:45:37 EST

    I agree with Gordon Brown that intelligent design is not the best term for what ID advocates advocate. Quotation marks would have been advisable for my post. However, the vagueness and variation in the definition of intelligent design by ID advocates seems to make room for promoting a better understanding of the term. The definitions by ID advocates always give me the impression that they are trying to define it so as to include favorite phenomena, especially complex biomolecular systems, rather than trying to formulate a definition based on known examples. In particular, I see very little testing against false positives (Type I error).

    PS-thanks for prayers. I now have a postdoctoral position at the University of Alabama. Income is useful.

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa

    From: george murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
    Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:20:38 -0500