Re: Genesis One and Concordism (was a lot of other things previously)

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:13:40 EST

    Jim wrote: "Eventually God will ask us if we 100% believe or 0%."

    I really doubt that. I see Christianity as the establishing of an agape
    love relationship. Whether one "believes 100%" in some statement of
    history does not really seem important to that.

    Soul: Well, God, here I am.
    God: First question. Did you believe 100% in the virgin birth?
    Soul: Well, I didn't disbelieve, but I have to admit I had some doubts.
    God: (pulls the lever).

    See Taylor's "The Myth of Certainty." It should be required reading for
    any Christian who thinks he thinks he thinks. (3 part duplication
    intentional).

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)