Biblical Authority

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 07:02:20 EST

    I don't know if there are any "quiet folk" out there pondering Biblical
    authority. Believe it or not, I'm normally a "quiet folk." But I do have
    opinions. My extremely "glossed over" reason for standing with the Bible?

    A)There's nothing better out there.
    B)Prophecies.
    C)The bloody, gruesome reality of Christ's followers (and yet they found joy
    in the experience)
    D)Why did all those early Christians bother with it all, anyway.

    These may convince nobody. But they're plenty good enough for me. Maybe at
    some point God will let me go back to being a "quiet folk". -Jim