Re: Faith (was Re: resurrection etc)

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 17:20:37 EST

    George wrote:

    " GLM: "I'm going to let Dr. D perform a life or death operation on me
    tomorrow."
       JB: "Who is Dr. D?"
       GLM: "I don't know."

    I cave. You are beyond me on this one. But you brought back a recent
    memory which was, at the time, fairly traumatic.

    At one time I participated in almost exactly the dialog above, taking
    the part of GLM. "Dr. D." was another name, a person I literally did not
    know, had never heard of, had never seen.

    What I knew about "Dr. D." was that he was being recommended by a cardiac
    man I did know and had some confidence in.

    That was in June of 1995 and I'm still alive.

    So the conversation does not seem all that problematical.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)