Re: resurrection etc

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 17:41:33 EST

    See my addition to item 2).

    Belief in the fact that Jesus rose bodily ( but not physically) and left
    behind an empty tomb is essential if we are going to have any meaningfull
    belief in the Resurrection.

    The trouble with naturalistic theologians e.g. Arthur Peacocke is that
    ultimately they have a God who is impotent.

    I prefer William Temple (Arch of Cant died 1944) who wrote;

    ' To believe in miracle is to take divine personality in deadly earnest.'

    In other words A god who bound by scientific law cannot be God.

    Michael